Introduction to Direct Internet Service
Use our Direct Internet Service (TIDIS) to connect your business to the internet through a dedicated access line. It is a cost-effective, stable and reliable way to move large amounts of data at high speeds without lag or down time.
What is Direct Internet Service?
As the name suggests, TIDIS works through a direct line. You therefore have access to guaranteed uncontended bandwidth, without the interference of other users. The links are symmetrical and therefore upload and download speeds are the same. The service offers unlimited data usage and the line is dedicated to your business and your business premises. Access can only be provided through a Metro Ethernet fibre cable.
How Will Direct Internet Service Benefit My Business?
Enjoy Uncontended Internet Access
- TIDIS works off a triple resilient submarine cable
- Multiple users can access the internet quickly and consistently
Balance Your International and National Bandwidth
- Use Burstable Internet when you need to sync with international partners
- Use national bandwidth for local content
Get Great Business Service
- The Service Level Agreement is designed to help you better your business
- We manage your system and report on any issues
- Real Time information is always available
Customise Your Package
- We design an end-to-end internet solution for you
- Customised solutions are especially useful for multi-site customers
More About Direct Internet Service
TIDIS is designed to offer you constant bit-rate access without the hassle of congestion or usage limits. This allows you to set up carrier grade video conferencing and to share big data files quickly and easily. You are able to select the speed of connectivity based on the type of applications and number of end-users. We also offer redundancy on internet breakout and options on load balancing. Usage can be split up into national and international bandwidth, allowing you to gain access to international content to sync up with overseas clients, and national bandwidth for access to local content.n load balancing.Usage can be split up into national and international bandwidth, allowing you to gain access to international content to sync up with overseas clients, and national bandwidth for access to local content.
Product Plan Variations
Premises-based Direct Internet
- Offered for breakout for your standalone LAN, from 1 to 1000Mbps
- Multiple year-term contracts
- Secure Internet breakout next to any of your MPLS WAN ports, even from our data centres
- Solution based pricing
- Burstable Internet breakout for your hosted applications (e.g. exchange, webserver, managed hosting)
- Works from any of our data centres in Centurion, Bellville and soon Durban
Why Choose BCX?
The largest fibre network in Africa
We have over 167 000 km of fibre installed throughout Africa.
Our Service Level Agreement (SLA) includes SLA management and reporting on router or access issues. You will also be able to access the self-service portal to manage your system and keep on top of new developments through real time reports.
The system is built over an extremely stable, triple redundant core network.
A dedicated complete offering
The package is all-inclusive and is customised to suit your needs.