Introduction to VPN Lite
VPN Lite is a scalable, affordable and easy-to-use DIY Virtual Private Network (VPN) that enables multiple business branches to maintain fast, reliable and secure communication, regardless of their location. By providing you with a scalable, easy-to-use, do-it-yourself networking system, Telkom VPN Lite ensures you are able to send critical data between branches privately and efficiently.
What is VPN Lite?
VPN Lite provides small and medium businesses with a simple and cost-effective Virtual Private Network (VPN) solution that enables multiple business branches to maintain fast, reliable and secure communication, regardless of their location using a standard Telkom ASDL line.
Customers get access to a web portal that enables them to manage and self-configure their VPN at their convenience.
How Will VPN Lite Benefit My Business?
Simple and cost-effective
- The VPN Lite Web Portal access enables you to manage your own networking requirements without needing to rely on costly IP network specialists. VPN Lite means low-cost networking at your fingertips
Pay only for what you use
- You only pay for the bandwidth capacity you purchased and not per site connected. You can add up to a maximum of 50 sites to the network and you can adjust the bandwidth package to fit your network needs as your business grows.
- Simplify and reduce the complexity of SAP solutions to lower costs and accelerate value, thereby achieving strategic innovative solutions
- VPN Lite is offered on Telkom’s MPLS IP network and not over the World Wide Web, which means your information and business is not exposed to intrusions or harmful attacks.
- You have access to usage information online which enables you to know exactly what the total usage of your network is at any given time so that you can plan accordingly.
More About VPN Lite
VPN Lite allows you to handle your own networking with secure access to a web portal which is used to create all the sites and individual connections needed for your own secure VPN. Private static IP addresses allow for any site to communicate with any other site on the network.
With the ability to connect up to 50 sites on a VPN Lite network, you can communicate between branches, businesses and even individuals with an uncapped, discounted bundle of your choice. ADSL access is supported by VPN Lite, offering cost-effective access from each site to the VPN. Standard ADSL routers may be used, which are available free on a Do Broadband contract with Telkom.
VPN Lite Management Portal provides an intuitive graphical user interface which is used to configure and manage your VPN.
Although VPN Lite is a national service only, the web portal allows you secure access from any Internet connection. Using the portal enables you to add, remove or change sites on your network as required. You are given the ability to monitor your VPN usage per site per day of the month.
Simple self-installation with the VPN Lite portal which is used to create all the sites of your network in our database. We also provide you with all the necessary tutorials and setup utilities to configure the routers (standard ADSL modems) to connect sites to your VPN Lite network.
There are various packages to choose from ranging from 10 GB up to 320 GB per month.
Static IP addresses are offered by VPN Lite enabling any site or PC to communicate with any other site or PC in your private VPN Lite network.
Why Choose BCX?
VPN Lite is offered on Telkom’s MPLS IP network and not over the World Wide Web,
which means that your information and business is not exposed to intrusions or harmful attacks like those VPNs that are built on the public internet.