Introduction to Cisco Spark / WebEx
Cisco Spark is a complete business collaboration service from the Cisco cloud that enables you to message, meet, or call anyone, anywhere, and anytime. It includes WebEx, a web and video conferencing solution with document and content sharing functionalities. Conditions apply
What is Cisco Spark / WebEx?
As the global workforce becomes more mobile and agile, businesses require communication systems that allow employees to continuously connect, communicate and collaborate on projects from any device, no matter the time or place.
Cisco Spark is a complete business collaboration service from the Cisco cloud that provides always-on, virtual rooms in which two or more people can message, meet, call, and share files or applications with colleagues. A simple, secure and safe communication and collaboration service, Cisco Spark meets the mobile, free-flowing collaborative needs of a business by allowing teams or individuals to interact and share content continuously and instantly, no matter where they are located or what device they are using. Included in the solution is a Cisco WebEx feature; an online, real-time meeting tool that minimises costs and optimises IT resources. Host webinars, conferences or training sessions, share screens, and enable remote technical support with this feature. Delivered as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) through the Cisco WebEx Cloud, this highly secure and scalable solution is accessible via the internet, meaning you do not need to install and manage complex hardware. Choose between two solution offerings, either Spark with WebEx or WebEx with Spark.
How Will Cisco Spark / WebEx Benefit My Business?
It’s Cloud based
- This is a SaaS service, meaning that applications are delivered over the internet as a service.
- No expensive hardware infrastructure is needed to use the solution – just reliable access to the internet.
Meet with anyone, anywhere at any time.
- Face-to-face meetings allows participants to instantly share voice, video and applications in real-time.
- Reduce costs associated with travelling to meetings
- Increase productivity by reducing hours spent getting to meetings
- Eliminate the hassle of organising meetings with busy people. Everyone can join in, from any device, no matter where in the world they are
- Share documents, applications and desktops with all participants.
- Work on the same version of a document and allow all participants to comment
- By handing over keyboard control to participants, changes can be made and agreed to in the meeting
Record and playback
- Record meetings for those that could not attend
- All aspects – audio, messages and shared documents – are recorded; perfect for using as meeting minutes
- Meetings can be joined via smartphones, tablets, laptops or desktops working on any operating system
- Sessions can also be joined via any video-conferencing equipment
- The audio of each session can be joined via Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) from a computer, or by dialling into the WebEx bridge or by calling in from a landline or cell phone.
- Call back options are available in some countries
Message anyone from anywhere
- Prepare, share and change content as many times as you like. Enjoy one-on-one or team messaging in virtual rooms, allowing you to persistently interact and collaborate
- Keep track of all sent messages and of documents and pictures shared
- Team members joining later will have access to all previous messages
- Spark has been designed to promote effective teamwork with messaging and file sharing functionalities, and with the provision of a virtual meeting space.
- It also makes meetings more productive with a complete meeting lifecycle approach, including tools for before, during, and after meetings.
More About Cisco Spark/WebEx
Choose one of two solution options:
- Spark with WebEx
Meeting Centre (MC) This powerful feature set makes for productive and efficient meetings. You can share documents, presentations, and applications with integrated voice, geographically dispersed participants.
- Share applications
- White board
- Pass keyboard control to various participants
- Dial in from VOIP / Global numbers
- Personal meeting rooms
- Mobile device support
Training Centre (TC) – This highly interactive and effective online training and e-learning tool allows you to continually up skill your employees and partners and train your customers. Use this for product rollouts, certification and IT training and even distance learning.
- Meeting Centre functions
- Breakout rooms
- Testing modules
- Hands on Lab
Event Centre (EC) – Stage large-scale events or webinars online. Use these sessions to generate more leads and train your employees, customers, and partners.
- Meeting Centre functions
- Panellist support
- HTML invites
- Audio broadcast
- Custom registrations.
- Support Centre (SC) – This feature set delivers efficient, personalised and remote customer service and IT support and can be used for webinars, marketing events, conferences, product launches, and employee communications.
Support Centre (SC) – This feature set delivers efficient, personalised and remote customer service and IT support and can be used for webinars, marketing events, conferences, product launches, and employee communications. Functions include:
- Meeting Centre functions
- Remote desktop control
- Live chat and video conferencing
- Forced recording
- Create reps who can work with five customers at a time
- Re-join support session after re boot
Spark / WebEx Audio options
Cisco WebEx Audio is not offered, available, or sold on a standalone basis.
VOIP – Unlimited voice over IP (VoIP) included
Toll Named User (TNU) – Named-user based subscription. Each named user has unlimited access to global toll call-in services for a flat monthly fee.
Toll Named User + International (TNU+I) – Named-user based subscription. Each named user has unlimited access to global toll call-in numbers and the call-back to these same countries plus call-back to India and China for a flat monthly fee.
Committed Audio (CA) – Cisco Audio services are cloud-based solutions that provide broad coverage with toll, toll-free, and call-back capabilities. Committed Audio services are invoiced monthly in advance for the duration of the audio service subscription term, based on a monthly committed amount. Usage in excess of committed amounts is invoiced monthly in arrears. Committed minutes that are not used are not carried over to the next month. This Audio option is only available with the WebEx offering.
Uncommitted Audio (UCA) – Uncommitted Audio services are invoiced monthly in arrears, based on actual usage over the billing period. Per-use fees are subject to change. The subscriber will be charged at the applicable rate in effect at the time the service is used This Audio option is only available with the WebEx offering
Cloud Connected Audio (CCA) – is currently not available, but is in development
Employee Count (EC): This offer provides a licence to all your employees, so we will need to verify the total number of people working in your company. This number is essential to determining how many licences will be sold.
Active User (AU): This offer also requires the verification of your total current employee number. This number is essential to determining how many licences will be sold. The Active User offer requires a license for at least 15 per cent of your employees or 75 licences – whichever number is greater. Each employee will have access to host WebEx meetings.
Named User (NU): Determine how many distinct individuals will need to schedule and host Cisco WebEx sessions. The Named User offer requires a license for each employee who will be using the Cisco WebEx service.
Ports (P): Determine the number of meeting attendees that will be required at any one time. This offer requires a license for each meeting attendee at any given time.
What Licenses are available with what Centres:
Various licensing options are available for the Spark M3 and WebEx covering the following centre types:
- Meeting Centre
- Training Centre
- Support Centre
- Event Centre and
- Enterprise Edition
Different audio options are available: VoIP, TNU, TNU+I, CA, UCA (CCA integration is under development).
Business Messaging, Collaboration Meeting Room, Cisco Spark and WebEx Storage, 24-Hour Technical Support and Branding features are available.
Contact one of our consultants for further details and specific licensing options, availability and in what combinations thereof for Spark and WebEx.
Why Choose BCX?
We are a Cisco Gold partner certified company.
Product Plan Variations
- Named User Meeting Centre
- Toll Named User (audio)
- Most popular
- Training and Events Centre or Toll Named User+ International can be added
Spark Employee count
- Includes Meeting, Training & Event Centre.
- Toll named User or Toll Named User+ International audio options
- Customised solution