Introduction to Trend Micro
Trend Micro OfficeScan with XGen is an endpoint security programme that provides protection against security attacks, dangerous websites and viruses. It operates from a centralised management console.
What is Trend Micro?
Trend Micro secures file servers, PCs, Macs, laptops, Point of Sale machines, ATMs, and virtual desktops using a process known as high-fidelity machine learning. It does this by analysing files during execution and runtime.
The system filters out threats, eliminates them and is constantly updating to ensure that the newest attacks are stopped. Trend Micro can also restore files if need be.
How Will Trend Micro Benefit My Business?
Reduce Management Costs
- We aim to lower the cost of ownership
- The system has minimum impact on the endpoint when scanning
Do Better Business
- Restore files if lost or corrupted
- Platforms are integrated
- Dashboards can be customised to suit different departments
- Combines high-fidelity machine learning with other detection techniques for the broadest protection against advanced attacks
Work on a Global Network
- Enables off-premise compliance and protection, enabling employees to work outside the corporate network and still connect to OfficeScan without a VPN
More About Trend Micro
Minimum Recommended Server Requirements
OfficeScan Server Operating Systems:
- Windows Server 2008 (SP2) and 2008 R2 (SP2) (x64) Editions
- Windows Storage Server 2008 (x86/x64), Storage Server 2008 R2 (SP1) (x64) Editions
- Windows HPC Server 2008 and HPC Server 2008 R2 (x64)
- Windows MultiPoint Server 2010 (x64) and 2012 (x64)
- Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2 (x64) Editions
- Windows MultiPoint Server 2012 (x64) Editions
- Windows Storage Server 2012 (x64) Editions
- Windows Server 2016 (x64) Editions
OfficeScan Server Platform:
- Processor: 1.86 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (2 CPU cores) or better
- Memory: 1 GB minimum (2 GB recommended) with at least 500 MB exclusively for OfficeScan (on Windows 2008 family) 2 GB minimum with at least 500 MB exclusively for OfficeScan (on Windows 2010/2011/2012/2016 family) Disk Space: 6.5 GB minimum, 7 GB minimum (using remote install)
OfficeScan Edge Relay Server Platform:
- Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (2 CPU cores) or better
- Memory: 4 GB minimum
- Disk Space: 50 GB minimum
- Operation System: Windows Server 2012 R2
- Network Card: 2 network cards connect One for intranet connection to OfficeScan Server
- One for external connection to off-premises OfficeScan agents
1 network card configuration to use different ports for intranet and internet connections
- SQL Server 2008 R2 Express (or later)
- SQL Server 2008 R2 (or later)
Why Choose BCX?
Our solutions are scalable and we supply the full suite of services, customised to your needs.
Holistic Managed Services
We provide this product-as-a-service coupled with a managed service, eliminating the challenge of lack of resources and skills.
History of Delivery
We have a long track record of successfully helping businesses improve their performance.