Introduction to Microsoft Software Asset Management
As a certified Software Asset Management (SAM) partner of Microsoft, we are able to deliver Software Asset Management to any business making use of Microsoft software. Our services aim to enhance the organisation of your IT assets. We do this by building a solution that incorporates the effective management, control, and protection of the software assets in your company.
What is Microsoft Software Asset Management?
Based on thorough analysis Microsoft SAM consultants create a strategy to help you make informed technology decisions.
We are there to help you establish critical SAM policies and procedures. This management plan centres around your IT assets and must be in support of your strategic goals and objectives.
Services are offered as a consulting fee, as part of a Microsoft incentivised project, or as part of a new enterprise agreement with us as your Licensing Solutions Provider.
How Will Microsoft Software Asset Management Benefit My Business?
Get Better Business Value
- SAM helps you drive overall business value by providing a holistic approach to using your IT assets
Enhance Business Operations
- SAM results in the effective management, control, and protection of the software assets within your company, throughout all stages of the product life cycle
- Reduce the risk of non-compliance
- Avoid the entanglements of an audit – we are there to support the process
Save on Costs
- By managing your IT organisation better you save money
- Unnecessary tasks are identified and eliminated
- Better process around software management means better ROI
More About Microsoft Software Asset Management
BCX Microsoft SAM service include strategic license reviews with customers as well as the following services:
- Renewal workshops
- SAM for acquisitions and merger purposes
- Independent reports for a new CIO, or to review and validate in-house systems and automated reports
- SAM assessment after significant changes in IT landscape or strategy
We also provide the following reports annually or once-off:
- Baseline (installation versus ownership view) and Assessment (includes SAM Maturity Assessment)
- Cloud Ready Assessment (includes full Effective License Position)
- SAM Cybersecurity Assessment (includes full Effective License Position)
- SAM Mobile Device Management (includes full Effective License Position)
- Non-Production Environments (includes full Effective License Position)
- SQL Workload (Server Effective License Position: Windows, SQL, System Center, SharePoint)
- Virtualisation Assessment (Server Effective License Position: Windows, SQL and System Center)
A general Software Asset Management engagement includes:
- Ensuring asset visibility and actual usage
- Software metering analysis and alignment to install base (where metering has been enabled)
- Advise to potentially limit compliance, legal and financial risks due to license agreement infringements
- Assisting you with corporate governance by highlighting inadequate policies and procedures or identifying areas of concern where policies and procedures may be in place but not always adhered to
- Providing education and support around simplifying complex licensing agreements
- Promoting on-going Software Asset Management (SAM) and the development of custom solutions to assist in mitigating operational and financial risks
Why Choose BCX?
Our solutions are scalable and we supply the full suite of services, customised to your needs.
The support of our SAM specialist team ensures that you are getting the best advice.
History of Delivery
We have a long track record of successfully helping businesses do better business.
Unmatched Data Centre and Infrastructure
Our data centres and the subsequent networks are fully established and offer the very best in security and infrastructure.