Introduction to ADSL and VDSL
ADSL and VDSL are high-speed broadband lines that give you access to voice, video and data-driven services.
It’s a cost-effective internet solution designed to help you grow your business.
What is ADSL and VDSL?
ADSL and VDSL connect you to the internet at speeds higher than 256kbps. Because of the fast connection and the stability, you can access and use next generation technologies to enhance your business’s productivity. Innovation in business should happen at light speed: our high speed broadband connectivity solutions help you expand your business.
How does this work?
- With always-on connectivity you improve business productivity because you are flexible and available
- Cost-effective high speed connectivity and predictable internet connectivity costs
- Improved operations and efficiency happen when you take advantage of both voice and data business class services provided through broadband technology
How Will ADSL and VDSL Benefit My Business?
Save on internet Costs
- Save with reduced in-bundle internet rates (best rates are available when you take a line with the internet account)
- Integrated Data Service benefits includes mobile data allocation (mobile data can be used in any mobile device)
- We offer free soft-capped data (i.e. you can still use the internet even after you’ve reached your data cap)
Get the Best Business internet in SA
- ADSL is the most cost-effective way to connect your business
- During peak traffic, the network prioritises business traffic over non-business activities
- Reliable connections mean you won’t be offline
Run your Account through a Self-Service Portal
- View usage, manage passwords, TopUp, prioritise VoIP, split bandwidth allocation and check which devices are connected to your WiFi
More About ADSL and VDSL
ADSL is a data communications technology that enables faster data transmission over copper telephone lines than a conventional voice-band modem can provide. ADSL uses a different frequency to the telephone line, and offers faster download speeds than upload speeds.
VDSL is a faster connection, and has download speeds that are around four times quicker than ADSL. The speed of the line will define what you can do. When using DSL, we split the data and voice channels so that you can operate effectively. A filter is connected to the telephone plug to eliminate noise between the data and voice channels. The modem is connected to the telephone plug and the telephone to the filter. The computer or device being used must be connected to the modem via an ethernet cable or USB modem.
A DSLAM operates in the same way as a modem and is deployed in the exchange, linking port cards to the telephone service.
The BRAS (Broadband Remote Access Server) verifies your profile and allows access to any related ISP services.
Product Plan Variations
Faster 4Mbps DSL
- Up to 4Mbps DSL line speed
- Ideal for browsing, emails, VOIP services, and simple applications
- Add 100GB for R160 pm
- Add Business Uncapped for R454 pm
- Add Premium Uncapped for R700 pm
Faster Plus 8Mbps DSL
- Up to 8Mbps DSL line speed
- Ideal for browsing, streaming, remote applications and weekly data backups
- Add 200GB for R300 pm
- Add Business Uncapped for R500 pm
- Add Premium Uncapped for R1100 pm
Fastest 10Mbps DSL
- Up to 10Mbps DSL line speed
- Ideal for browsing, streaming, remote applications, daily backups, downloading and uploading of content and intermediated applications that require a consistent internet connection
- Add 200GB for R374 pm
- Add Business Uncapped for R574 pm
- Add Premium Uncapped for R1474 pm
Elite 20Mbps VDSL
- Up to 20Mbps DSL line speed
- Ideal for browsing, streaming, remote applications, daily backups, video conferencing, VoIP and cloud applications
- Add 200GB for R400 pm
- Add Business Uncapped for R900 pm
- Add Premium Uncapped for R1900 pm
Elite Plus 40Mbps VDSL
- Up to 40Mbps DSL line speed ideal for browsing, streaming, remote applications, daily backups, video conferencing, VoIP and cloud applications
- Add 200GB for R500 pm
- Add Business Uncapped for R1300 pm
- Add Premium Uncapped for R2800 pm
Business Landline Rental & internet
- DSL Business installation fee is included on 12 month- and 24 month contracts
- Line installation fee of R690 not included
Business Uncapped provides
- Uncapped data
- Prioritised business traffic during peak congestion periods
- Free Wi-Fi router with 3G failover capability
- Free mobile data with Integrated Data Service (IDS) capability
Premium Uncapped provides
- Unshaped, uncapped data with prioritised traffic throughout the day
- Lenient Fair Usage Policies (FUP) – almost double that of Business Uncapped
- Free Wi-Fi router with 3G failover capability
- Free mobile data with Integrated Data Service (IDS) capabilities
Why Choose BCX?
The Best Value for your money
With us you can create your own internet business account using a diverse range of technologies. This means you consolidate all your ICT requirements with one provider and therefore save money
The best coverage in SA
With over 6000 WiFi hotspots (the most in SA) unparalleled fibre and copper networks, fantastic 3G offering and the rollout of LTE-Advanced network, we cover the entire country.
The Best Experts
We are constantly adapting to new product and technology updates to ensure we provide the best solutions to meet your office and business needs.
The Most experienced ISP in SA
Telkom’s network has been the backbone of South Africa’s fixed internet operations for most of the country’s online history. It’s also incredibly secure..