Introduction to Managed Directory Services
Whether you are a medium or large organisation, you undoubtedly accumulate and work with vast amounts of private and public customer data, such as information about your business, its users and groups, and also computers, and other resources.
All of this needs to be housed in a hosted directory, with the names of network resources mapped to their respective network addresses. The security of this information relies on the governance and implantation of access controls, and maintaining name resolution services to ensure that networked devices can connect to your networked resources. BCX offers Managed Directory Services as part of its IT Managed Services portfolio.
What are Managed Directory Services?
BCX offers you management and support services based on Microsoft best practices and Microsoft Operations Framework standards. We help you with the Microsoft Active Directory (AD), as well as a range of related offerings that include Domain Name Services (DNS), Windows Internet Naming Services (WINS), and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocols (DHCP).
Our Managed Directory Services extend from architecture design and governance to maintenance and monitoring, as well as testing to proactively detect failures.
How Will Managed Directory Services Benefit My Business?
Make the task of network administration simpler by maintaining a central repository of information
Enjoy the ease of scalability because millions of objects can be supported in a single domain
Ensure consistency through uniform naming conventions
Benefit from easy integration between standards
Enhanced Data Security
Optimise security with documented governance protocols
Ensure highly secured access to data
Adhere to Microsoft best practices and Microsoft Operations Framework standards
Implement configuration changes in accordance with the agreed governance processes
More About Managed Directory Services
Our BCX Managed Directory Services offers you support activities that include:
- Managing administrative accounts and passwords at a domain level, in accordance with an agreed governance document
- Managing and supporting agreed Organisational Unit (OU) structures so that objects can be classified in directories accurately
- Providing ongoing system maintenance for the Active Directory (AD) service
- Monitoring and responding to implemented AD events/thresholds generated by the provided Exchange System Manager (ESM) toolset
- Testing, deploying and maintaining Group Policy Objects (GPOs) in accordance with your change management process and agreed governance protocols
- Providing and maintaining architectural diagrams for the AD architecture, and implementing configuration changes in accordance with the agreed governance processes
- Ensuring that all user accounts and devices that have not logged onto your domain within agreed governance timeframes are disabled
- Domain Name Services, including architecture and support of internal name spaces, deleting obsolete objects, as well as monitoring to proactively detect service failures, with the implementation of a suitable monitoring tool (ESM)
- The architecture and documenting of Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) implementation
- Managing provided DHCP IP address ranges, both static addresses and reservations
- Configuring and presenting Internet Protocol (IP) ranges