Introduction to Application Packaging and Deployment
Application Packaging and Deployment is a service that BCX can offer you to standardise the configuration of software, and all the files necessary to keep software bundles running on your computers and servers. This saves costs and increases efficiency in your Information and Technology (ICT) environment, because we can automatically configure, and quickly install and update your applications, cutting the time it takes to get a new computer up and running, or updating an existing one. This service reduces downtime during software updates, and also decreases the need for on-site support. can even supply “offline” updates for you to install yourself, via external storage devices such as external hard drives or smaller memory sticks. Whether you need a new operating system on existing hardware, or installation on new hardware, we have the tools to make the process quick and convenient.
What is Application Packaging and Deployment?
At BCX we use tools such as Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) and Systems Center Configuration Manager (ConfigMngr), which enable us to build a Standard Operating Environment (SOE) for all your computers. ConfigMgr is completely automated, while MDT requires our experts to be involved in the updates, and we can even supply “offline” updates for you to install yourself, via external storage devices such as external hard drives or smaller memory sticks. Whether you need a new operating system on existing hardware, or installation on new hardware, we have the tools to make the process quick and convenient.
How Will Application Packaging and Deployment Benefit My Business?
Standardised your operating systems environment
- Distribute all the files necessary to make an application operate correctly
- Benefit from our ability to work with your existing ConfigMgr systems
- Leverage the fact that you can standardise software configuration according to best practice standards
Install and Update With Speed
- Automate or semi-automate installations and updates
- Install, update and configure both new and existing hardware
- Restore user devices to pre-update settings
Reduce on-site support
- Automate tasks so IT staff do not have to waste time on unnecessary configurations
- Load updates from portable storage devices such as external hard drives and memory sticks