Introduction to Media Management
The backing up of important information is vital in today’s world, but when it comes to securely storing and managing these backups, many organisations simply fall short. By making use of our Media Management service, you can rest assured that all your data is securely backed up, stored and manage in a BCX data centre.
What is Media Management?
The loss of crucial data can be devastating for any business, which is why many business owners have come to realise just how important the backup of information is. While on-site backups may seem like an adequate solution, the best way to make sure your data is 100% secure is by having it stored remotely.
Our Media Management service is designed to help you manage all backups and facilitate the process of restoring information, in the event that information is lost due to technical failures, theft or other unforeseen circumstances. To this end, we will perform the following core functions:
- Complete and maintain inventories of all your media
- Manage offsite storage in accordance with our Service Levels Agreements
- Implement and maintain preventative maintenance on all media
In addition to these core functions, our technicians will also carry out the following tasks:
- Labeling of new media
- Mounting tapes manually
- Mounting tapes in robot
- Scratching tapes
- Destroying tapes
How Does Media Management Benefit My Business?
- All media is securely stored in our impenetrable data centres.
- Having up-to-date backups minimise the immediate impact of data loss.
- Accurate labeling and management facilitates access to important information.
- The careful disposal of tapes ensures your information never ends up in the wrong hands.
Why Choose BCX?
BCX is Africa’s premier end-to-end digital business partner, with over 30 years’ experience.
Our 14 data centres located across South Africa are managed to world-class standards.
We have an experienced team of technicians dedicated to managing your media at all times.
Our scalable solutions allow you to find the service that best meets your business needs.