The group is committed to conducting its business in a manner that ensures the long-term sustainability of the business for the benefit of communities and all stakeholders. Sustainability for the group is a continuous journey and requires a multi-disciplinary approach. Longer-term sustainability and the ability to continue to generate good returns to shareholders is not only dependent on ensuring good financial performance. Good governance, sound risk management, stakeholder engagement, the group’s corporate social investment, minimising the group’s impact on the environment and developing products all form part of Business Connexion’s vision to be a leading emerging markets ICT player.
To ensure sustainability Business Connexion seeks to:
- encourage an ethical trading environment;
- deliver sustainable earnings growth and appropriate returns to the company’s shareholders and stakeholders;
- ensure the creation of equal opportunities through recruitment, training, promotions, development and advancement of all employees and ensuring employees are motivated to perform;
- develop and sustain fair, equitable and sustainable business relationships with suppliers;
- assist in the empowerment and social upliftment of communities surrounding the company operations;
- assist in minimising the group’s environmental footprint through “greening” initiatives;
- comply with legislation and regulatory frameworks in a proactive and positive manner; and
- ensure that risk management issues are addressed throughout the organisation – refer to enterprise risk management on the organisation.