Business Connexion focused on five National CSR programmes running under LET ME LEARN™ during the past financial year, these are:
- School Development Programme;
- Soweto Canoe and Recreation Club;
- WWF Eco-school Programme;
- Rally to Read; and
- ITBLP (IT Internship/Learning) Programme
In addition to the above LET ME LEARN™ Programmes, Business Connexion also contributed to a few charitable organisations as part of our philanthropic giving initiatives.
Included in Business Connexion’s overall CSR strategy is 10 charitable NGOs/Article 18 companies as part of its BEE structure. The following Developmental Organisations are included in the Business Connexion "A" Share Transaction:
Ditikeni Investment Company Limited - a 100% broad-based investment holding company with 19 shareholders of non-profit organisations. These non-profit organisations work in over 200 underprivileged communities throughout SA with over two million beneficiaries located in all nine provinces.
- League of Friends of the Blind is a non-government organisation based in Cape Town. They provide a wide range of independent development services to partially sighted and blind people..
Website address: http://www.lofob.org.za/
- Sakhikamva Investments (Proprietary) Company Limitedis a black economic empowerment investment group which has as its beneficiaries black South Africans who have been, and continue to be, excluded from accessing real economic opportunities.
Website Address: http://www.sakhikamva.com/
- Business Connexion Education Association is a bursary scheme, set up for the benefit of the children of its junior level employees.
- Cape Flats Development Association is a non-profit children and family organisation that provides numerous services to disadvantaged communities in the Cape Flats.
Website address: http://www.cafda.org.za/
- Combined Churches in Actionis a non-profit organisation that constitutes a number of churches in the greater Clarens area. Some of its initiatives include working with youth, feeding programmes, HIV/AIDS education and programmes for the physically disabled.
Website address: http://clarensccia.co.za/
- CIE Investment Company Limited is a public investment holding company. Its main focus is to ensure an ongoing contribution to the sustainability of values based education in SA Catholic schools.
Website address: http://www.cie.org.za/
- Community Outreach Programme (COP) Trust is a non-profit organisation that concentrates on establishing sustainable projects within the poor communities. They provide weekday pre-primary school care, nutrition & education and weekend adult family education or life skills. COP currently has projects in Gauteng, Kwazulu-Natal and the Eastern Cape.
Website address: http://www.coptrust.org.za/
- Freewheel Trade and Invest 36 (Proprietary) Limited ("Freewheel") - The shareholders of Freewheel are four black women focusing on the development of youth.
- YWCA Dube Charitable Trust ("YWCA") is based in Soweto. The YWCA is particularly involved in projects that focus on the development of women and young girls.
Website address: http://www.worldywca.org/Member-Associations/Directory#S
Ditikeni is a 100% broad-based investment holding company. Its 19 shareholders are all non-profit organisations. These non-profit organisations work in over 200 poor black communities throughout South Africa and there are over
2 million beneficiaries located in all nine provinces. Ditikeni is involved in projects that assist people in rural areas to address their land and development issues. Ditikeni also provides training, support and advice on early childhood development.
They are also involved in poverty alleviation projects, crime prevention and the re-integration of offenders into the community.
Some of Ditikeni’s investments include shares in Kelly Group Limited, Brimstone Investment Corporation Limited as well as in the Vodacom Limited’s Yebo Yethu empowerment scheme.
Ditikeni will subscribe for 2 280 000 “A” Shares for a Subscription Price of R13 452 comprising 0.6% of the issued Share Capital after the implementation of the Proposed Transactions.
The Notional Amount applicable to the “A” Shares issued to Ditikeni is R13 178 400.
Website address: http://www.ditikeni.co.za/